Monday, January 23, 2012

Fabric In Embroidery Hoops

Here's the Embroidery hoops for little miss B's nursery.  I was inspired by this and this. Today I'm going to walk you through on how I made this.


First start out with ironing all you fabric. Then cut them about one to two inches wider then your embroidery hoop. You can find embroidery hoops at your local craft store, there usually in the yarn section.


I printed out the B on paper, cut it out, and traced it onto the fabric with a pen. Then I just free handed the leaves. I used an acrylic paint mixed with a fabric medium. If that scares you, you can always use some sort of stencil.


I did about 3 coats of white paint. You can still see the pen marks but that's okay because were going to outline it.


I outlined it in silver. You can do any color that suits your fancy.


I tried to tape the back with double sided tape and it worked great. It just uses a lot of tape! But if your putting a fabric in there that you don't want ruined this is the route to go. After the first one I ended up just doing a strip of hot glue on the wood and folding over as I go.


Then I just secured it on the wall with nails.
There you have it!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh... thats simply fabulous!! so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete